Our school has a duty to make sure that the uniform we require is affordable, in line with statutory guidance from the Department for Education on the cost of school uniform.
We understand that items with distinctive characteristics (such as branded items, or items that have to have a school logo or a unique fabric/colour/design) cannot be purchased from a wide range of retailers and that requiring many such items limits parents’ ability to ‘shop around’ for a low price.
We will make sure our uniform:
- Is available at a reasonable cost
- Provides the best value for money for parents/carers
We will do this by:
- Carefully considering whether any items with distinctive characteristics are necessary
- Limiting any items with distinctive characteristics where possible
- Considering cheaper alternatives to school-branded items, such as logos that can be ironed on, as long as this doesn’t compromise quality and durability
- Avoiding specific requirements for items pupils could wear on non-school days, such as coats, bags and shoes
- Keeping the number of optional branded items to a minimum, so that the school’s uniform can act as a social leveller
- Avoiding different uniform requirements for extra-curricular activities
- Making sure that arrangements are in place for parents to acquire second-hand uniform items
- Avoiding frequent changes to uniform specifications and minimising the financial impact on parents of any changes
- Consulting with parents and pupils on any proposed significant changes to the uniform policy and carefully considering any complaints about the policy
General Uniform Information
Our uniform consists of:
- Royal blue cardigan or sweatshirt embroidered with the school logo
- Royal blue cardigan or sweatshirt with iron on school logo (iron on badges will be available from Spring 2023)
- White polo shirt (Reception – Year 6); Light blue polo shirt (Nursery)
- Grey trousers or shorts
- Grey skirt
- Grey pinafore dress
- Blue & white gingham dress
- White, grey or black socks or tights
- Shoes should be black, with black soles, and have a low heel. Sandals are not permitted.
- Book Bag in team colours – please note, due to space restrictions, children should not bring rucksacks into school.
Whilst the majority of our School Uniform policy is still applicable for children in Nursery, due to the active nature of the Foundation Stage, grey pull up jogging bottoms are more suitable for our youngest children.
Nursery children must also have a waterproof coat and wellies in school.
- T-shirt in team colour with the school logo
- PE Hoodie in team colour with the school logo
- Black shorts or jogging bottoms
- Plimsols or Trainers
Reception - Year 6 children should come into school in their PE kits on their PE days, which are shared with parents at the beginning of the school year.
Embroidered uniform and team PE t-shirts can be purchased from our uniform supplier, Moette. The range of items, along with the price, can be seen on their website http://www.moette.co.uk/oc1/Lanchester-EP-School.
Items can be purchased via firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone on 01913 735 995 or from their shop, which is located at:
The Old Chapel, Quebec Street, Langley Park. DH7 9XA.
These embroidered sweatshirts & jumpers can also be embroidered with your child’s initials, for no extra charge.
From January 2024, parents will also be able to buy uniform from another supplier, Etika (https://etikauniforms.co.uk/). This company is based in Durham, and are an ethical company, working to change the lives of others for the better in terms of working environment, pay, non-discriminatory employment and contribution to community developments and empowerment projects.
We are really excited about working with Etika, and are pleased to note that as they hold stock of badged uniform, once it has been ordered it is ready within 24 hours.
Second Hand Uniform
Please note, we will no longer have any uniform items in school to purchase. However, we do have some second hand uniform which is available from the school office at no charge. Please contact email@example.com to see if we have any items in your child's size available.