All Saints is a beautiful medieval parish church which was founded in 1147 and has been extended in two stages. The 1283 extension was ordered by Bishop Bek who made the church a Collegiate with a Dean and seven Canons. Stone from the nearby Roman fort of Longovicium was used to build the church, notably five pillars of the north arcade which are entire. There is much of interest within the church itself, e.g. 13th century stained glass, medieval misericords and a Roman altar found nearby in 1893.